Why search here? The New York Times is a well-respected and long-running newspaper that covers national and international news.
What's included? NYTimes.com provides full access to the New York Times website. NYTimes.com is updated 24/7 with time stamps. Sections include World, Politics, New York, Opinion, Business, Technology, Science, Sports, Arts, Fashion & Style, and Video.
Current Kirkwood students and employees may create an account to access Kirkwood's nytimes.com subscription. Follow the steps outlined here.
Why search here? For access to regional, national and local newspaper articles.
What's included? More than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
Why search here? Access historical newspaper articles related to agricultural topics.
What's included? Scanned images of historic agricultural newspapers published in the United States. Users can print, download, or e-mail individual articles free of charge.
New York Times website access directions
All Kirkwood students and employees may access the New York Times (NYT) website by creating their own account. The account must be created while using a Kirkwood computer, but the site may then be accessed from anywhere by logging in with your own account.
2. Follow the steps to create your profile. You must use your Kirkwood email address, then a password of your choosing. Click "Create Account".
3. You will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link provided and your registration is complete.
4. The education pass access is good for one year. When that year is up you click on the above "edupass" link, make sure you are logged in with your Kirkwood email account, and re-verify that you are still a Kirkwood employee or student. You'll again need to go to your Kirkwood email and click on the confirmation link given.
Wall Street Journal website access
Kirkwood Library Services has a college-wide subscription to the Wall Street Journal website. Each user who wants to access the Wall Street Journal must create their own account, using their Kirkwood email. Follow the directions below to get your account started:
Fill out the form to register your email and create a password. Note that you must use an email ending with @kirkwood.edu or @student.kirkwood.edu. Create a password of your choosing.
You may opt out of receiving email updates, however you do need to select the 2nd box that you agree to conditions.
Individual accounts are good for a year, then must be reactivated using the same link given above.
If you have any problems creating or renewing an account, contact a librarian (see Ask a Librarian on this page) or contact the Wall Street Journal at 1-800-JOURNAL.
Chronicle of Higher Education website access
Kirkwood Library Services has an institutional subscription to the Chronicle of Higher Education website.
If you are on campus, you should have full access to the Chronicle website (chronicle.com). If you don't, please contact a librarian.
If you want to access the Chronicle from off campus, you first need to create an account for yourself. Follow these steps to authenticate using a Kirkwood email address:
1. From the Chronicle website, click on "Log in" in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Click "Create Account", and follow the instructions to fill in your name and email address. You must use your Kirkwood email address. Note that you can de-select the options to subscribe to email newsletters.
3. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account. Once you follow this link you will be asked to create a password.
You now should have the same access from any device or location by logging in with your email and password. If you have any problems with this, please contact a librarian.