New York Times website access requires authentication with a kirkwood.edu or student.kirkwood.edu email address. Complete directions available here.
All Kirkwood students and employees may access the New York Times (NYT) website by creating their own account. The account must be created while using a Kirkwood computer, but the site may then be accessed from anywhere by logging in with your own account.
1. Start from this special NYT page for institutional subscribers: https://myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass
2. Follow the steps to create your profile. You must use your Kirkwood email address, then a password of your choosing. Click "Create Account".
3. You will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link provided and your registration is complete.
4. The education pass access is good for one year. When that year is up you click on the above "edupass" link, make sure you are logged in with your Kirkwood email account, and re-verify that you are still a Kirkwood employee or student. You'll again need to go to your Kirkwood email and click on the confirmation link given.
Kirkwood Library Services has a college-wide subscription to the Wall Street Journal website. Each user who wants to access the Wall Street Journal must create their own account, using their Kirkwood email. Follow the directions below to get your account started:
If you have any problems creating or renewing an account, contact a librarian (see Ask a Librarian on this page) or contact the Wall Street Journal at 1-800-JOURNAL.
Kirkwood Library Services has an institutional subscription to the Chronicle of Higher Education website.
If you are on campus, you should have full access to the Chronicle website (chronicle.com). If you don't, please contact a librarian.
If you want to access the Chronicle from off campus, you first need to create an account for yourself. Follow these steps to authenticate using a Kirkwood email address:
1. From the Chronicle website, click on "Log in" in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Click "Create Account", and follow the instructions to fill in your name and email address. You must use your Kirkwood email address. Note that you can de-select the options to subscribe to email newsletters.
3. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account. Once you follow this link you will be asked to create a password.
You now should have the same access from any device or location by logging in with your email and password. If you have any problems with this, please contact a librarian.
Cedar Rapids Campus Library
Iowa City Campus Library
107 Credit Center Building