Get answers here! Search or browse for quick information about Library resources and services, and for help with common research needs.
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014
Search all help pages here:
- What hours are the Libraries open? And what about over holidays?
- Can I renew my books online?
Yes! Follow the link above and log in with your K number and EagleNet password.
- How can I get a book the library doesn't own? What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Where do I check to see if an Interlibrary Loan request has arrived?
- Does the library have a copy of all the textbooks used at Kirkwood? Can I take them to class?
No. We have copies only when instructors have extra copies they choose to place on reserve. You can search for the title of your textbook in the library catalog, linked above. Reserve books are only for use in the Library.
- Are there Library Services for Distance Learning (online) students?
Yes! See the link above for distance library services.
- Can I check out a laptop from the Library?
Both libraries have laptops available for checkout. These laptops must be used in the Library.
- How much does it cost to print or make copies in the Library?
The student print quota applies to student access computers and copiers on campus. 5 cents per black and white copy and 10 cents per color is deducted from your print quota. Kirkwood alumni also have a small print quota they may use. Follow the link above for more information on the print quota system and to check your balance.
- Is there color printing at the Library? And color copying?
Both the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Libraries have color printing available. However we do *not* have color copiers.
- Can I print from my own laptop?
Short answer: no. Long answer: It may be possible in the future but not now.
- Is there a scanner available in the Library?
At the Cedar Rapids Campus see the Reference Desk librarians for assistance in scanning. At the Iowa City Campus see the Computer Lab (room 107).
- What software is available on Library computers?
We have Internet browsers and Microsoft Office. We have some required course software but not others. Contact the Library for the most up to date information.
- Is Wi-Fi available in the Library?
Yes! Wi-Fi is available in both Libraries, and throughout most of both Kirkwood campuses and all county centers.
- Can group study rooms be reserved?
On the Cedar Rapids campus, Library study rooms are first come, first served.
On the Iowa City campus, Library study rooms may be reserved for up to 2 hours at a time, up to 2 times a week. Contact the library at the link above to reserve a time.
- Are children allowed in the Library?
See the complete college policy above, which also applies to the Libraries.
- How do I get a Library card?
If you are staff or student at Kirkwood, your Eaglecard *is* your Library card. If you are not a student, you have community borrowing privileges. Just bring a photo I.D. to the checkout desk.
- Can I send a fax at the Library?
At the Cedar Rapids Library you can send a fax at the Circulation Desk at no charge. At the Iowa City Campus you can fax from the Bookstore for $1 per page.
- I'm an instructor. Could a librarian teach my class about research?
Absolutely! Click the link above to find out more.
- I'm an instructor. Will the library purchase a book or film for my students to use?
The library welcomes your requests! Please follow the link above for a purchase request form.
- Where can I find a list of all Help guides?
Clink on the link above, then under "Guides", click on the "All" tab.
Cedar Rapids Campus Library
Iowa City Campus Library