Searching for eBooks at the Library
Kirkwood students, faculty, and staff have access to over 150,000 eBook titles through EBSCOhost's eBooks and Project MUSE.
- Access these in-depth and high quality resources from a computer or mobile device
- Load them onto eReaders
- Print sections.
- Copy and paste a citation in MLA or APA style
- Search the Library's eBook collection through the main Library search (WorldCat).
Library Search (WorldCat) directions:
- Go to the WorldCat search or the Library homepage. You may search by keyword, subject, author, or title. After entering your search, hit enter, then select the "eBook" format limit (along the left side of the screen) to view only eBook results.
- Click the "View Online" button just below the book title to view a description of the book.
- Continue with step 3 of the EBSCOhost eBooks directions below.
- Go to the EBSCOhost eBooks search. You may search for eBooks by keyword, author or title.
- Click on the title you want to view to get to the detailed record view.
- Click on the "eBook Full Text" link on the left side of the screen [see screenshot below] to view the complete book.
- From this screen you have many options. You can [A] browse the Table of Contents; [B] scroll through the book page by page or skip to a specific page number; [C] search the full text of the book for a specific word; [D] save or print a section of the book by selecting "Save Pages"; or [E] view an APA or MLA style citation for the book. See the next section of this guide for more details on printing or downloading eBooks.