Searching for eBooks at the Library
The Kirkwood Library gives you access to over 100,000 eBook titles through EBSCOhost's eBooks. These can be wonderful resources for your research as a college student. They can be accessed from a computer or mobile device, can be loaded onto eReaders, and chapters can be printed. The citation function creates an MLA or APA style citation too! You can search for EBSCOhost eBooks through WorldCat or directly through the EBSCOhost interface.
- Go to the WorldCat search or the Library homepage. You may search by keyword, author or title. After entering your search, hit enter, then select the "eBook" format limit (along the left side of the screen) to view only ebook results.
- Click the "View Online" button just below the book title to view a description of the book.
- Continue with step 3 of the EBSCOhost eBooks directions below.
- Go to the EBSCOhost eBooks search. You may search for eBooks by keyword, author or title.
- Click on the title you want to view to get to the detailed record view.
- Click on the "eBook Full Text" link on the left side of the screen [see screenshot below] to view the complete book.
- From this screen you have many options. You can [A] browse the Table of Contents; [B] scroll through the book page by page or skip to a specific page number; [C] search the full text of the book for a specific word; [D] save or print a section of the book by selecting "Save Pages"; or [E] view an APA or MLA style citation for the book. See the next section of this guide for more details on printing or downloading eBooks.