It's not too late! Submission deadline extended until Monday April 8th at 5pm!
Share your poems with the Kirkwood community! All students, staff and faculty at the Iowa City Campus Kirkwood are invited to submit a poem or two for the Annual Poetry Contest. Poems are judged anonymously by Kirkwood English faculty members, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners will be chosen.
- You may submit up to 2 poems for the contest
- Poems must be your own original work
- Poems containing profanity will not be considered for this contest
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- Winning poems will be posted outside the library and on the library website
- Winning poems will be announced at the Kirkwood Iowa City Poetry Reading on April 11th @ 11:00am (see box below for details)
- All entrants are invited to read their poem(s) at the poetry reading
- Deadline for submitting poems for the contest is Monday April 8th at 5pm. Paper entry forms may be found at the Iowa City Campus Library, or enter online using the form to the right
- Questions? Ask at the reference desk: 887-3612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Poetry Reading
Come celebrate poetry with us! This year's Open Mic Poetry Reading will be held on Tuesday April 11th at 11:00 (activity hour) in the Art Gallery area at the Iowa City Campus Commons. All Kirkwood students, staff and faculty are invited to come share a poem they've written or a favorite poem by another poet. The winners of the poetry contest will also be announced, and prizes will be awarded. If you need ideas for a poem to read, stop by the library to find books of poetry, or check out this great website from the Poetry Foundation.