Welcome Kirkwood Faculty!
We value your input on the purchase of library materials. Please send your recommendation using the form below.
Iowa City faculty: For a short-term rental of a DVD for classroom use, please contact the checkout desk at the Iowa City campus library (x3613).
LibGuides: Personalized Course Library Resources Page
The page you're looking at right now was created using a software system called "LibGuides". It features flexible layout, easy updating, and reusable components. If you'd like a page with resources especially for your students, contact a librarian and we'll collaborate with you on both locating the best resources for your particular assignments and in designing a page that fits your students' needs.
Examples of some customized pages for Kirkwood classes:
The page we create for your class can feature:
- Direct links to library resources such as the book catalog or any of the subscription databases
- Direct links to other online resources you want to direct your students to
- Pages or boxes from any of the library LibGuides pages, embedded directly into your page so your students know, "these are the resources my instructor wants me to use". For example, we could put a tab on your page called "MLA Style" that will include videos on MLA Citation as well as printable guides.
- Links that won't "go bad" -- because they link directly into the library's pages, if we update a link to a database, the link on your page will automatically update as well
- Your LibGuides page can be embedded directly into many types of course sites, including ANGEL.
Placing Items on Course Reserves
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the following alternatives:
- Placing content on ANGEL
- Placing videos on Kirkwood Videos on Demand
- Using e-journal articles at the Library
- Using open textbooks
Fill in the form below and bring it to the library together with your reserved itmes.
Please plan ahead and allow two business days for the library to process your request.
us for questions and comments:
Cedar Rapids Campus Library
Iowa City Campus Library
On This Page
Would you like to arrange a library tour for your class?
Would you like to take advantage of librarians' expertise in helping your students complete assignments?
Would you like to discuss with librarians specific information needs of your class?
Would you like to collaborate with librarians on designing class activities and/or assignments ?
Contact your library!
For faster and efficient services, please sent us your request by using the online form below.
Iowa City Campus
Cedar Rapids Campus|County Centers| Distance Learning
Faculty Research Consultation
We are happy to help you with library research for your teaching, research, and professional development needs. If you are currently working on or will be working on such an endeavor we can schedule a face to face meeting with you to determine where to obtain relevant materials. Because of the complexity of such requests, we have found that the face to face interview approach generates the best results for all parties.
Don’t hesitate, contact the Library reference desk and schedule an appointment today.
Iowa City Campus Library
VOD - Video on Demand
This is a Kirkwood film collection for faculty to use in their classroom or through Angel.